Re: Re: Redboot customization for DOCMP?

Hello, Deya,

>Hi,
>      My embedded device is based on Intel's xscale
>PXA255 processor(ARM compatible). I want to have my
>firmware, linux OS and filesystem in diskonchip
>millennium plus.

Does your platform have Bootrom or Flash chip? If it has, then you can just port the Redboot for your platform. Since Intel XSCALE PXA255 is VERY WELL supported by eCos/Redboot, you will do very very little to bring Redboot run on the Flash. Then, you can do the DiskonChip driver, read the os file from diskonchip to SDRAM. At last, bring control to os.

For the Disk on chip's driver, you can port the disk driver currently available in eCos's dev and io packages.
>      I planeed as follows. Write a IPL code to bring
>the SPL(Redboot) into SDRAM and give it control.
>Redboot shall brng the OS into SDRAm and give it
>control.
>      Seeing the patch i stood that it is for x86
>systems, with int 19h handler we can load the SPL...

If you want to directly load Redboot from the disk on chip, I think it's a bit much work to do. You have to deal disk on chip through direct port io, not int 19 since the ARM architecture does not have this feature . That's service provided by PC's bios.

Best regards.
James Jiao
jiaoxf@hellocq.net
2004-02-25