ROMFS help needed

Hi:

I am trying to add ROMFS support to my ecos "bag of
tricks". I have added the ROM file system to my
configuration file, and checked the "Build ROMFS
tests" option. Then I begun to copy portions of the
fileio1.c program. In particular I copied the mount table
entry:

MTAB_ENTRY( romfs_mte1,
            "/",
            "romfs",
            "",
            (CYG_ADDRWORD) &filedata[0] );

and then, right on top of my cyg_user_start() I placed
the following code:

    DIR *dirp;
    unsigned char *dir_name = "/";
    dirp = opendir( dir_name );

Unfortunately the call fails and after a few days of
this I am out of ideas. I tried single stepping into
the thing and it appears that the mount table is empty:
That is odd, because I have defined its only entry. Or
perhaps I just do not know what I am doing :)

The fileio1.c program does not seem to mount the ROMFS
drive prior to using it. I wonder if this is appropriate.

Any wisdom to share?

Thanks
Tony