Re: Sharing JFFS2 file system between ecos and linux

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 19:04 +0100, Thomas Koeller wrote:
> I create a JFFS2 file system containing the kernel image as
> a file. Some of the flash memory is set aside to contain an
> instance or RedBoot, which has support for reading files
> from JFFS2. RedBoot loads the kernel and executes it. The kernel
> then mounts the JFFS2 as its root file system. A simple and elegant
> solution, of course, but will it work? I guess not.

It should work. This is the reason I recently implemented JFFS2 support
in RedBoot. There is no known reason for incompatibility -- any you find
is a bug.

The only reason this _doesn't_ currently work for me is because I get
'inflateInit failed' messages every time RedBoot tries to decompress a
zlib-compressed node. If I disable zlib in mkfs.jffs2 and in Linux, it
works fine. I've tested putting RedBoot apps into the JFFS2 from Linux,
then loading and running them from RedBoot.

--
dwmw2