Re: file system dependencies

Hi,

when building a Redboot configuration that includes
FAT file system support I became aware of the fact
that FAT file system packages wants to include
kernel header files, although it does not declare a
dependency on the kernel in its cdl.

I wonder if the FAT package actually requires kernel
services; I would not expect this to be the case for
a file system. Wouldn't it be sufficient to include
drv_api.h?

It uses the kernel api for its memory pools, beside that there
is no kernel requirements. It needs cyg_mempool_* api funs,
which are defined in services/memalloc/common/current/src/kapi.cxx .
It shouldn't be too difficult to make this part of api available
also for non kernel configurations (never done that, so I could be
missing something).

savin