Re: gdb hangs on diag_printf()

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:19:40PM +1100, Tony Butt wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We have been running ECos 1.3.1.3 here for some time, and are in the
> > process of upgrading to 2.0
> >
> > I am using the EcosCentric toolset (thanks guys!), and have hit a
> > problem when using  gdb to load and run applications.
> >
> > What happens is that after the first diag_printf(), everything stops.
> > The output from the diag_printf is seen, then nothing.

[snip]

> It looks like the handshake is not working properly. At this point
> disconnect gdb, start up kermit or some other terminal emulator and
> send a + character. See if that brings it back to life.
>
> I've no idea why this is happening thought. You somehow need to work
> out which end is not working. Is gdb not sending the + or is the
> target not receiving the +. Do you have any way to snoop the traffic
> on the serial cable?

You can get a more low-level view of what GDB is doing by running the
following command before connecting to the target:

(gdb) set remotelogfile /dev/tty

This should print on the screen, you can also put the data into a file
if you want to keep it.

This should tell you at least whether GDB thinks it is returning the
'+'.