Redboot: boot from IDE

Trying configure Redboot to load ecos and app from a Compact Flash card configured as IDE.

I've ported the moab_ide.c file to our configuration, and it recognizes the card and partition table so that the 'disks' command does list a Linux filesystem (initialzed as ext2) on hda1.

Brought in the fileio package

Looking at do_load(), it wants a filesystem mounted, so when I try to mount the Linux partition, I find there are no entries in the fstab (cyg_fstab, defined in packages/fileio/.../misc.cxx) Am I missing how the e2fs implementation (from redboot/..../src/fs/e2fs.c gets hooked into the cyg_fstab? Is this an appropriate combination of packages?

thanks!