Re: Re: Help: Redboot on an iPAQ H3870?

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 06:17, ipaq medic wrote:
> >>Does redboot has support for the iPAQ H3870?
> >>On my iPAQ there is WinCE 3.0 running (and I want to
> >>keep it)
>
> I guess my previous response did not get through.

Not at all, sorry.

> I have an incomplete H38xx hack somewhere. The problem
> is that I can't make it public because it contains
> GPLed Linux code. Does anyone out there know if it is
> legal to cut and paste linux code into ecos?

In general, the answer would be "no".

How much code is it?  How complicated is it to put into eCos?
How complete is your hack?  Does it allow eCos/RedBoot to run
on the platform?

It might be possible to contact the original author(s) and see
if they would allow that code to be put into eCos under our
modified GPL.  If you need help with this, feel free to contact me.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates