Re: Problem running applications. Breakpoint getting set automatically at atexit.cxx

<mohasin.zaki@wipro.com> writes:

> Ummhh.. but why I am getting problem with all the executables that I've
> built.
>
> Also as I have mentioned earlier, I am able to load them as test them as
> long as I don't include the eCos kernel package (note that I am not
> using redboot here).

I think you are getting confused here. You must be using RedBoot,
since you are connecting to it when you execute

(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0

The breakpoint you see at 0x00006b00 is the breakpoint that RedBoot
has used to put itself into GDB mode. After connecting GDB tries to
interpret this address in terms of the executable it has in
hand. Since the address is outside the executable's address range, GDB
makes its best guess and describes it as belonging to the closest
piece of code, which in your case just happens to be in atexit.cxx.

This address will be changed when you load the executable to be the
start address of the program.

Clearly you will never see threads in your application if you do not
have the kernel installed.

I suggest that before messing about with advanced configuration
options, like removing the kernel, that you go back and follow the
documentation and get more familiar with eCos as is comes.