RE : Microwindows, FLTK/FLNX and eCos

> I'm thinking about using FLTK on top of Microwindows using nxlib.
> http://www.microwindows.org/

Have you looked at FLNX? (http://www.pixil.org/) It's a adaptation of FLTK
v. 1.0 to runs directly on top of Microwindows/Nano-X. This would avoid the
nxlib compatibility layer.

The FLNX widgets are simplified to be more "PDA-like." FLNX includes the
graphical UIF editor, Fluid, but I use the FLTK 1.2 version of Fluid, which
is much improved. Everything seems to be compatible as long as you avoid the
few additional widgets added with FLTK 1.0->1.2.

> Any efforts to port Microwindows 0.90 to eCos?
There is eCos support in MW 0.9. Of course it's an external library rather
than a configurable eCos package, and you still need to write an engine for
your platform. We have also made some patches to allow it to use INET
sockets on any platform (usually it uses UNIX sockets). There may have been
some other issues with the eCos port - I can find out if you want.

-- Philip