Re: Strange error Can't program region at 0x50040000 Error trying to program (Err=92)

> Hi ,
> I have meet a very strange problem on my Intel ixp425 board.
>  This error appeared for only  is Intel J3C and not for J3A Flash.
> one strange thing is I could able to program 1 or 2 blocks and not more
> than that.

J3C parts power up with the lock bits set. Use "fis unlock ..." to
unlock the area of flash you want to write. Also, you may need to
upgrade your RedBoot. A recent fix was added to mask out reserved
status bits which caused locking problems on J3C parts.

--Mark