Re: eCos Code at address 0x000? (MPC8270)

> Interesting.  Does that suggest that someone may be calling
> a NULL function pointer?  Where is the code for this stub?
>
> We've seen some crashes at address 0x4.  Dumping that area,
> it appeared that the values around 0 had been written to
> (trampled), because they no longer matched the power up
> values.
>
> Later, I manually "trampled" the area around 0 with a debug
> command, and the target crashed shortly afterwards.

I don't know anything about the PPC.......

On the ARM, the exception vectors are in the first few words of
memory. One classic problem i've had is dereferensing a null pointer
to a structure and stomping over the ISR vector. This does not cause
an imeadiate crash, rather it crashes on the next interrupt... This
makes it very had to track down what exactly is stomping over the
vector. You might has a similar problem?

        Andrew