Excalibur AHB1 clock change

Hi All

I've been trying to change the AHB1 clock of the Altera Excalibur Epxa1
board without any success. According to the datasheets you can change it in
a user application by first bypassing the PLL1. You do this by setting the
BP1 bit in the CLK_DERIVE register. I do this with the following commands :

cyg_uint32 reg;

HAL_READ_UINT32(EPXA1_CLK_BASE + _CLK_DERIVE, reg);
reg |= 0x1000;
HAL_WRITE_UINT32(EPXA1_CLK_BASE + _CLK_DERIVE, reg);

The moment I do this the whole system just hangs. When a bypass the PLL2
with the same commands, it works without a problem.

Does anybody know what the problem could be or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Jacques