Re: devs/eth/phy/current/src/eth_phy.c

> > > Also, look at the common ethernet drivers they use
> > >   devs/eth/powerpc/{fec,fcc,ppc405}
> > > to see how the actual PHY interfaces work.
> > >

> > Thanks Gary!
>
> No problem.  Of course, I'm very interested in any feedback you have on
> these interfaces [since, so far, I'm the only one that has used them]

One comment. _eth_phy_init walks through the 32 possible PHY addresses to
locate the PHY.  For a chip with a single MAC interface this is fine.
The chip I am working with has more than 1 MAC, but a single MII
Management interface is used to configure multiple external PHYS.

Maybe instead, have the driver that is supplying eth_phy_access_t, supply
a valid PHY address, and it would just look at that PHY address for the
PHY.  Or it could pass a special value, like -1, to signify that the code
should scan for the PHY.

Alternatively, if the function pointers supplied in eth_phy_access_t took,
eth_phy_access_t as the first parameters, you could stuff some extra data
at the end of that structure, and the called functions could do the
address check.

Do you have another suggestion, surely there are other chips that have
multiple MAC interfaces.  I thought powerquicc had more than 1 mac.

-john