Re: [new mail]ROM start-up redboot.elf question.

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 16:30, Miguel Josue Vega wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I produced a ROM start-up redboot.elf for the CME555 board using
> ecosconfig.
>
> By doing the following:
> 1. > ecosconfig new cme555 redboot
> 2. > ecosconfig import <file directory...>/redboot_ROM.ecm
> 3. > ecosconfig tree
> 4. > make
>
> We have been programming this file into internal FLASH using the flash
> programmer in CodeWarrior. Unfortunately I do not get redboot to respond
> (no banner prints, etc.). We have been able to get hello world programs to
> run from internal flash, so I'm pretty sure we are burning to flash correctly
> and setting up the jumpers correctly for internal flash start-up also.
>
> I used powerpc-eabi-objdump to look at the redboot.elf in assembly and I
> noticed that a part of the assembly code contains code at internal RAM
> addresses. Why is this? I thought that the redboot.elf file was supposed
> to go only into internal FLASH.

Have you tried running the RAM version of RedBoot?  Seeing that work
could be useful to understanding what's going on.

Note: the cme555 is a contributed port.  Help from the list, while
offered freely, may be a little thin.  Try contacting Bob Koninckx
(CC'd) for better help.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates