Redboots CRC checking

Hi,

after some troubles i got the CRC checking to work. But it doesn't work as i
expected.
I need the CRC checking to prevent Redboot from executing a corrupted
kernel.
But Redboot only prints a message while loading.
The execute command tries to start the kernel, and look what happens:

RedBoot> fi loa kernel
** Warning - checksum failure.  stored: 0x7ca3fe54, computed: 0xdde742c4
RedBoot> e
Using base address 0x01008000 and length 0x000ba7c8
Uncompressing Linux...........

invalid compressed format (err=1)

 -- System halted

This system is defect for the use of a customer.
I expected Redboot to not start the kernel with the checksum error.
This would enable the start of a backup kernel in a startup script.
Is there an existing solution for my request or must i implement it by
myself?

Regards
Andreas