Re: goAhead server

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 12:12, baljeet singh wrote:
> All,
>
> Has anybody actually compiled and run goAhead server
> under ecos?
>
> Latest error I have during make is that for one file
> (webcomp.c), native compiler should be used instead of
> the regular compiler being used by other files. Any
> specific reason for this?

Yes - that program is used to build the internal format of web pages.
It runs on the host - before the actual application is built - not
on the target, thus it must use the host compiler.

> The error is as follows:
>

> Owner@NUVO-DESKTOP /ecos-c/workdir/ws031202/ecos
> $ make
> cc -o webcomp -O2 -DWEBS -DUEMF -DOS="Linux" -DLINUX
> -I.. ../webcomp.c
> cc: not found
> make: *** [webcomp] Error 127
>
> Owner@NUVO-DESKTOP /ecos-c/workdir/ws031202/ecos
> $
>
> Make file has a note that says that:
>
> #
> # This tool needs to be built using the native C
> compiler
> #
> webcomp:
> 	cc -o webcomp -O2 -DWEBS -DUEMF -DOS="Linux" -DLINUX
> -I.. ../webcomp.c

Install the C compiler (and associated tools) into CygWin.

Better yet, use an HTTP server which is better supported on eCos
like the internal package.  An alternative solution can be found
at http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/build_httpd.html

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates