Dreamcast and the eCos, Red Boot first

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I recently restarted my efforts to get some part of eCos working on
the Dreamcast. The first such attempt was, of course, Red Boot. After
some finagling, I managed to get the legend:
RedBoot> version

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [RAM]
Non-certified release, version UNKNOWN - built 18:56:18, Jun 11 2004

Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0x8c000000-0x8d000000, [0x8c026b08-0x8d000000] available
RedBoot>
to arrive on both the serial supplied console, and the screen that the
Dreamcast is connected to. This was today's efforts with the Red Boot
Elf file. For some reason that I am curious about, I can't get the
Dreamcast to talk to my Linux box, it will talk to my Windows box.
That screen is a copy of the output sent to Hyperterm.

Any suggestions to make it possible to send the image a Linux kernel,
and have it boot there? If need be, I'll simply follow the same steps
followed by the folks at the Japanese facility that created the
original code. That is if I can reverse engineer them.

Also why does that remark about the release appear?
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net