Re: xml parser

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 01:53, Diego Duyvejonck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement an XML parser that runs with eCos (powerpc
> platform).  Libxml2 would be an interesting choice.  Has anyone tried to
> build this library ?
> Running configuration (from the unpacked libxml2 SRPM directory -
> xmlsoft.org) confirms that a cross compiler 'powerpc-unknown-eabi' (?) is
> used...
> I get the libxml.a library file by running the generated MakeFile.  But
> still, I cannot get that library file to work with my eCos project.  It
> doesn't compile (reports missing header file e.g. "iconv.h", ...).  My own
> MakeFile seems ok  -> the location of the libxml2 header files and library
> is set correctly.

Compiling external code and getting it hooked together with the eCos
and applications can sometimes be a challenge, especially if that
external package has it's own Makefile(s), etc.

You might try looking at some of my examples:
  http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/
In particular, the NetPiPe example shows how external packages can be
combined with the eCos kernel to build up a complete eCos application.

You also might send more detail, e.g. the actual Makefile(s) and command
lines that you used, to the list and then we would be better able to
comment.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates