Re: Re: eCos on 80186?

On Thursday 24 June 2004 05:44, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:34:52PM -0400, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > If you can find an old copy of Borland C++ Builder or earlier,
> > you could see what happens when you try to feed some eCos code
> > through it. My guess is that you'll have the biggest headaches
> > with the makefiles, rather than the C.
>
> Firstly, why would changing C compilers cause make to break?

Borland had their own version of make, and from what I remember (from my own
80186 days) it was pretty restricted even compared to standard un*x version
of make back then. It wouldn't have a snowflake in hell's chance of running a
makefile written for GNU make. So OP isn't going to be able to use Borland C+
+ Builder as such, only the compiler component (invoked from GNU make).

--
Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/