CDL help: cdl_option set by package?

I'm looking for a way to define a cdl_option in the architecture hal, and have it set either by a platform hal or by the user (in case the platform does not set it). I don't see an easy way to do that. I've been thinking about how to solve it with cdl_interface, but that gets kind of complex. Can anyone help?

Best,
Heiko Panther