GDB Multi-ICE

Hi,
Since I was stuck by the GDB-Multi-ICE tool chain for month, so I think
it is time to ask some help from expert.
My platform is win2k with Cygwin and GDB server running success with the
Multi-ICE and my test program on the same PC.
I run up GDB server from Cygwin which brought Multi-ICE up automatic,
then I start arm-elf-gdb with test.elf program from DOS, then
issue "target remote localhost 9000" to connect to my target board,
however, the GDB server always reply "Not a good vector or eCos not
running" and close the connection.
Can somebody kindly enough to tell me what is going wrong?

Thank for looking
Jack