license

Hello all,

I would like to sell a product based on ecos but I
have been afraid to
use GPL after reading this article:

What do you think ?
also do you have already company using ecos ? and
selling products...

Ps: I found it on a website of a RTOS vendor : green
hill, I don't want to blaim anyone..

sincerely
pierre

The thousands of contributors to GPLed RTOSes each own
the copyright to their contribution. Many contributors
are identified only by an
e-mail address.
vUnder the GPL, the managers of a GPLed project
disclaim any
responsibility for collecting valid copyright
assignments from the contributors.
None the contributors state that their contributions
do not infringe
copyrights, trade secrets, or patents. Any contributor
who hasn't signed
a valid copyright assignment, or anyone from whom any
contributor stole
software, or any contributor's employer who legally
owns the copyright
to any work they did on company time or with company
computers, or the
holders of patents any contributor inadvertently
infringed, can sue you
and all of your customers.
vIf you violate any term of the GPL to even the
slightest extent, your
license to distribute the RTOS terminates
automatically.

sincerely