Re: tail +2 problems

On July 16, 2004 04:50 am, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Stephan Bourduas <stephan@macs.ece.mcgill.ca> writes:
> > I'm using the cvs sources and the Altera EPXA1 port.  I'm working in
> > Linux and whenever I make a new configuration, I always get this error:
> >
> > tail: cannot open `+2' for reading: No such file or directory
> > make[1]: *** [arm.inc] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/stephan/ecos/epxa1/redboot/hal/arm/arch/v2_0'
> > make: *** [build] Error 2
> >

> > To solve, I need to do some grepping/sedding to change "tail +2" to "tail
> > -n +2" and then everything works.  Is there a file to edit in the
> > repository that will get rid of this?
>
> It looks like in this case it is just the make{} entries in
> hal_arm.cdl. Just edit those and you should be OK.
>
> I'm also a little surprised that your Linux tail is complaining about
> this. I have SuSE 9.1 with coreutils-5.2.1, which is the latest version,
> and tail is quite happy with the +2. However, maybe there's some
> configuration option that SuSE set differently to your distribution.

I noticed that this started happening ass soon as "tail" got upgraded to the
latest version.  I'm using version 5.2.1 and my distro is Gentoo.

It seems that there was still something left over from ecos-2.0 in my build
tree.  I did a "rm -rf" and made a configuration from scratch with ecos-cvs
and the problem went away.