Re: RE: cannot start configtool for ecos-2.0

Richa wrote:
> I recently tried to download cygwin and eCos 2.0 and
> I'm facing the same problem ie ConfigTool quickly
> scans all packages, gives the message "This package
> does not have any valid version subdirectories." and
> exits.
Check out if you have got some directory (mentioned in your ecos.db) in your ecos tree, that doesn't have the directory beginning with a digit or number (at same level where directory current for that package is expected).

Since you haven't mentioned, for what package this message comes (surrounding messages around this message), not much idea can be given as to where problem exactly is.

here is one experiment you can try to understand your error message. take the old ecos tree that you have, know as working w/o probs.

* cd ecos/packages/hal/ums/arch
* mv current .current
* ecosconfig --config=<path to your .ecc> check

you should get the message you mentioned : "This package does not have any valid version subdirectories"
surrounding messages give you enough information about where the problem is.

This is behaviour on Linux host, with the ecosconfig that is couple of months old.

HTH
sandeep