From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]On Behalf Of
fredrik@wespot.com
Sent: Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2004 22:11
To: Alexander.Neundorf@jenoptik.com
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] any experiences with arm gcc 3.4.1 and ecos ?

> is anybody here who already tried the most recent gnu arm toolchain
> with ecos, e.g. from www.gnuarm.org ?
>
> Any experiences ? Faster, slower, buggier, better ?

GCC 3.4.x has a much faster implementation of floating point operations.
If you are using alot of float and double, you can get much faster code.
I'm using GCC-3.4.1, binutils-2.14, newlib-1.12.0, gdb/insight-5.3 and it
works really great. The code gets some kilobytes larger with GCC 3.4.x
than with GCC 3.3.x though.
We are not using binutils-2.15 since I have experienced bugs in
arm-elf-objdump. We simply  cannot disassemble our elf-file.
We are not using GDB-6.1.1 since I experienced that our eCos stubs uses an
obsolete register setup. GDB-5.3 works fine. Maybe this is fixed in eCos
HEAD, we are using the 2.0 release.
Regards,
Fredrik Hederstierna