need debugging help

I am developing a USB 2.0 driver using eCos 2.0 and an i386 PC
architecture.  I am currently in the debugging stage.

My target application has three threads:
       one to read commands send from a USB host (Cmd),
       one to send responses back to the host(Rsp) and
       one that does nothing but delay for 1000 ticks then printfs "I'm
alive"

When I run the target application, the host PC enumerates the target
then an application sends successfully sends a command and gets a
response! :)
However, the target application seems to go off into the weeds. :(
At this point, as far as I can tell, none of my threads are running,
including the thread that does nothing!

With experimentation I have found that if I run either the Cmd or Rsp
thread without the other they seem to work fine.

I have bumped the stack sizes up and the ISR stack also, but no luck.

Who's stack does a DSR use??  Could my DSR be overflowing?

At this point I don't quite know how to debug the problem.  I would like
to be able to determine where each of my three threads are executing.  I
would like to be able to check the stacks.

Can anyone give me some advice on this type of debugging?

Thanks in advance!

Larry