Re:Re: connect eCos to RedBoot

vibra <vibra@263.sina.com> wrote:

> 1-could you tell me how you can use the
HyperTerminal
> and how you can made example program image to PC
> floppy booter and succeed to debugging it in GDB.
$fdformat /dev/fd0 (format floppy drive)
$i386-elf-objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin (convert
elf to binary)
$dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0 (copy onto
floppy)

> 2- tell me did you solve your problem to connect
eCos
> to RedBoot? and how?
My problem is that the image I built is too large for
Redboot,
the size of which is over the aviarible memory space
of Redboot.
When Redboot is starting, you can get that
information.

hello

1- I'm building the example program image on floppy
disk and trying to load it from RedBoot and running it
using

load -m  disk basic1.bin

or

load

or

load basic1.bin

I'm failed to loading it . Could you tell me how?

2-have you debug any example program using gdb by
connecting the host target to RedBoot via serial?

I could'nt do that.

If so, Could tell me how?

best regards

                                                      Muna