RE: Re:Re: connect eCos to RedBoot

--- vibra <vibra@263.sina.com> wrote:

> > 1- I'm building the example program image on
> floppy
> > disk and trying to load it from RedBoot and
> running it
> > using
> >
> > load -m  disk basic1.bin
> >
> > or
> >
> > load
> >
> > or
> >
> > load basic1.bin
> >
> > I'm failed to loading it . Could you tell me how?
> You must make sure that the network connection of
> your Redboot has been configure correctly.
> Anyway, you can also choose gdb to upload the bin
> via serial.
>
> > 2-have you debug any example program using gdb by
> > connecting the host target to RedBoot via serial?
> >
> > I could'nt do that.
> >
> > If so, Could tell me how?
> Start the i386-elf-gdb, then
> gdb>set remotebaud 38400 (set serial baudrate)
> gdb>target remote /dev/ttyS0 (use COM1 connect to
> target)
> gdb>load hello  (load elf-format object)
>
> Good luck!

> hello
sorry for re-asking you but there is something
missing.

1- I want to connect eCos to RedBoot via serial.
   When I'm trying to use the GDB as you said in
point(2) the is done but When I'm trying to run it
using (continue), the redboot is halted and then I
could do nothing than restart it.

In addition, I found that I have a problem that I must
enable (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES).
When trying to enable it using
     ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
told me that it is'nt package

when trying to enable it inside the ecos.ecc. when
running
     ecosconfig tree
it returns disabled.
I don't know how to enable it. Have you has a
suggession? tell me?

 2- I want to try build the program image on floppy
using commands you tell me before. I'm booting RedBoot
from floppy to RAM and then released the RedBoot
floppy and put the floppy that have the program image
(basic.bin) file. Then, I'm trying to load it using

redboot> load -m disk redboot.bin
or
redboot> load
or else
but I coudn't.
Please tell me is my way true and what is the wrong in
it? And What is the solution?

                        Thanks very much
                        Muna