Re: PC targets and ethernet

Hi Jani

Jani Monoses wrote:

there are 3 pc targets in ecos.db which only differ in the ETH drivers they
use.I made a new one for use in the qemu simulator and had to use yet another
eth driver (amd pcnet)
I propose adding a target (it used to be one called pc) which has no ethernet
so that one can chose what eth driver to add without modifying ecos.db
From what I saw once you go with a target you cannot remove packages.

The scheme you propose will not work with the eCos Configuration Tool which prevents users from adding/removing _hardware_ packages from their configuration. However, I think it does make sense to define a "pc" target without ethernet driver anyway for those users who have no supported ethernet hardware.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited