Re: RedBoot upload memory troubles

Hello,

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > I don't have access to a JTAG debugger, so I'm pretty lost on what to try
> > next... The number of ROM chips are somewhat limited (they are
> > on-time-programmable), so any advice is very welcome! ;)
>
> Try finding a flash chip that has the same pinout as the ROM. Or find
> an eprom you can erase with UV etc.... Having 1Mb of one time ROM is a
> silly idea until near the end of developlent work and you are ready to
> start production.

Yes, that would have been very nice, but since the everything is going
into space the requirements for chips are somewhat different. -Especially
for the ROM, which has to be radiation-hardened. The only rad-hard ROM we
could afford in large quantities does not have any FLASH or EPROM
foorprint/pinout brother or sister :(

We are (next week) going to build a footprint-adapter for some
FLASH or EPROM chip to fit into the ROM-socket.

/Jakob

--
Jakob Kjaer
makob@makob.dk