bsd_tcpip issues & patch: stats, stack size

Hi,

Two comments concerning the BSD networking stack:

- The statistics collection doesn't build correctly. The problem is the line
in support.c:
    extern struct net_stats stats_in_cksum
  As far as I can tell, "stats_in_cksum" doesn't exist in the BSD stack. I
am attaching a patch against the current CVS version to fix this.

- STACK_SIZE in support.c and timeout.c is set to
CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_SIZE_TYPICAL. In my experience on an ARM9, this is way too
small, and I have seen that others have been bitten by this issue as well.
For now, I have solved my problem by doubling the stack size, but this is
not very satisfactory. It seems we should either define the stack size(s) in
the CDL, or come up with a better estimate. Any comments?

Thanks,
-- Philip Keller

8<----------------

***************
*** 147,153 ****
  static struct net_stats  stats_malloc, stats_free,
      stats_memcpy, stats_memset,
      stats_mbuf_alloc, stats_mbuf_free, stats_cluster_alloc;
- extern struct net_stats stats_in_cksum;

  // Display a number of ticks as microseconds
  // Note: for improved calculation significance, values are kept in
ticks*1000
--- 147,152 ----
*** 193,199 ****
      show_net_stats(&stats_mbuf_alloc,    "Mbuf alloc");
      show_net_stats(&stats_mbuf_free,     "Mbuf free");
      show_net_stats(&stats_cluster_alloc, "Cluster alloc");
-     show_net_stats(&stats_in_cksum,      "Checksum");
      show_net_stats(&stats_memcpy,        "Net memcpy");
      show_net_stats(&stats_memset,        "Net memset");
  }
--- 192,197 ----