Seeking Thread join / waitpid equivalent.

We have just been bitten by the "Don't free the thread into in the destructor" problem as discussed so comprehensively by Ivan Horvat in April.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-04/msg00122.html

Thanks Ivan!

Unfortunately the thread exiting is explicitly our lowest priority thread, so Reaper in a mbox trick won't work.

However, in languages such as Ruby, you have the nifty thread.join primitive. With processes under posix systems you have waitpid.

Isn't there something like that in ecos, where an arbitrary thread may wait for another thread to exit?

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
New Zealand

The universe is absolutely plastered with the dashed lines exactly one
space long.