Von: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
Gesendet: Montag, 30. August 2004 18:44
An: Gorjup Matthias
Cc: 'ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org'
Betreff: Re: [ECOS] eCos- Thread cycle time...

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 06:24:01PM +0200, Gorjup Matthias wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am processing all my algorithms in a standard eCos thread.
>
> What is the default cycle time for threads in eCos platform ?
>
> For example is it possible to process one Rx frame in a high priority task
> thread in 4 ms ? ( Of course it depends on the length of frame however the
> question is ; is it possible to process less than 10 msec or a thread in
> eCos steps in every 10msec ? )

You are talking about round robin scheduling of multiple threads on
the same priority. The timeslice defaults to 5 ticks, but is
configurable. See CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS. Normally 1 tick
is 10ms but that is also configurable.

eCos is premptive, so if a higher priority thread becomes runable it
will run till it blocks. Only then will any lower priority threads
run.

Does that answer your question?

        Andrew