Re: Running redboot from RAM using JTAG on a new customtarget

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 08:55, Vanitha Ramaswami wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a custom board based on the ADI GRG board. I have modified the
> redboot source code for the custom board and having a compiled
> redboot_RAM.bin. I downloaded the RAM version of redboot to the address
> 0x1000 and gave go. I am getting some hardware breakpoint.
>
> How do i load redboot thro' JTAG and run from RAM ?. I dont have a working
> redboot on FLASH, since its a custom board and i need to debug redboot., I
> appreciate any inputs on this.
>
> I am using EPI MAJIC emulator and using the following commands to run
> redboot.
>
> 1) fr m redboot_ram.bin 0x1000
>
> 2) g 0x1000
>
> Then getting hardware instruction breakpoint. I tried the RAM version of
> redboot what i got from ADI, in the ADI GRG board without the flashed
> redboot. Even here getting the same error.

You need to download RedBoot to the address at which it is linked.  I
doubt that any ARM based RedBoot is built to load/run at 0x1000.
If you don't know the address, use objdump to determine it, or load
from an image type that contains address information (ELF, S-records)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates