Re: JFFS2 + Wonka = freeze. Bug?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:37:29AM +0200, Marco Bressan wrote:

> I'm using JFFS2 on eCos and it works perfectly with
> ~    - the test programs
> ~    - a small shell i wrote
> The problem appears when i use Wonka (an open source JVM) linked
> against eCos. Wonka uses the native hostos filesystem, so there's a
> mapping between wonka and eCos functions.
> The mount is currently done by eCos. I added a call to the MTAB_ENTRY
> macro in 'packages/fs/jffs2/v2_0/src/fs-ecos.c'.
> When i launch Wonka, it is correctly rooted into the filesystem; it
> finds the boot classes package '/system/wre.jar' and loads it. Then,
> in an fs-unrelated function, it freezes while doing something with
> kernel messages.
> I think there is a conflict between Wonka threads and the garbage
> collector of JFFS2.

In eCos the garbage collection thread for Jffs2 does not
exist. Garbage collection is only performed during filesystem
operations. So i think tou idea is probably wrong.

Enable CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG and see if you get any assert failures. Also
enable stack checking, you might find you stacks are too small.

        Andrew