Re: Re: Problems in building Redboot with ROM File System

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 12:32:31PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Thanks for your kind advice.My answers for your questions are
>

> 1. What do you want to place in this   filesystem?
>
>     Application images, eCos Kernel
>
> 2. It is read only or do you need to be able to write to it?
>
>     Read/Write
>
> 3. Does it only contain your application image you want Redboot to boot?
>
>     yes
>
> 4. Or is it a filesystem for your application?
>
>     yes
>
> 5. Or is it a combination of both?
>
>     yes

You should be using jffs2, not ROMFS. ROMFS is not writable.

Also, you say
"Application images, eCos Kernel"

You have the wrong idea here. eCos is statically linked to the
application, not a seperate thing like Linux. Also, eCos is quite
happy to run without what we call the kernel. ie you can run eCos with
just the HAL and the device drivers. The normal redboot configuration
for example does not have the kernel.

        Andrew