Re: Trying to figure out redboot TCP/IP stack

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 17:21, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 03:41, Bob Koninckx wrote:

> This may just be an oversight or bit-rot (timer_poll may have
> changed over time, etc).  In any case, if it works fine, lets
> just make the change.  Care to send a patch?

Nope :-) Just give me a couple of days

> Does it help with your CS8900 problems?

Don't know for sure yet. I was hoping to get a better understanding of
that one if I could be able to debug redboot. So I modified some linker
scripts to make redboot run from ram and ran it with a BDM. Runs just
fine :-( .... (the green activity led does not even blink once during
downloads, gdb reports a download speed of more than 400000 bps).
Linking the exact same code to the internal flash of the mpc555 and
running it from there still gives problems (lots of blinking, download
speed drops below 150000 bps and sometimes even complete lockup). Maybe
it's got something to do with flash being slower than ram. To be
continued ...

Bob