Re: Eth driver to NPE on xscale ixp425

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:10, jerzy dyrda wrote:
>  Hi all,
> I try to port eth driver from Redboot to Ecos ( adding interrupt mode). I have
> general question (sorry to get into trouble but that is the fasted way) -
> 1. What do I do more?
> 2. I find in code os_datatypes.h :
> 	// FIXME This is okay for RedBoot where there is only one thread.
> 	// FIXME Need to do something else for eCos proper.
> 	 What is the problem? and How do I solve it?

The comment in os_datatypes.h concerns semaphores. The Intel library
code makes use of semaphores, but I just "faked" it for RedBoot because
it is single-threaded. As it turns out, the parts of the library used
in RedBoot don't actually make use of semaphores, so you don't need to
worry about that.

--Mark