Re: Linking problem

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:05:03 -0600
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 06:57, Meulendijks, J. wrote:
> > OK. Is it possible to have 2 linkerscripts? Or must I combine the 2
> > linkerscripts? Or isn't that possible at all? Cause I already have another
> > linkerscript which has nothing to do with eCos but is needed by my project.
>
> What does your script do?
>
> I don't think you can have two scripts and I'll bet that the eCos
> one is sufficient if you use it correctly.

You may have any number of scripts with "ld". The major script must define
every (even "empty" ones) sections in the resulting elf (make no omission
or it would crash), this script is the one with the -T option.

Minor scripts define additionnal section contents and are given without the -T flag.

I have already used this with an secondary "ld" script automatically built
for an application. AS IS.