ctrl-c in GDB

Hi,

I have completed the platform port of eCos and was able
to get REDBOOT> prompt on HyperTerminal.  Further,  all
commands  (like, version, help, etc)  are  working from
HyperTerminal. Even ^C is recognized.

On using GDB, I am able to connect to remote target and
here is the output:

    (gdb) set remotebaud 115200
    (gdb) target remote /dev/COM1
    Remote debugging using /dev/COM1
    0x04002ffc in ?? ()
    (gdb) c
    Continuing.
    Interrupted while waiting for the program.
    Give up (and stop debugging it)? (y or n) y

But if you notice, after a continue,  I  am  not getting
the control back to gdb. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Can I write a small  program (without eCos) and download
via redboot  and test it (May be simple main pgm to turn
on a LED)?

The port is for ARM922T on Excalibur device.

Regards,
Vikas