Re: technical/licensing question regarding redboot

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 12:57:10PM +0200, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>

> we need a bootloader and we are considering redboot. Now redboot
> doesn't do everything we want (checking some hardware stuff in order
> to decide what to do). In order to use it, we would have to modify
> some of the redboot source files and we would have to add some
> source files.  Which implications regarding licensing would this
> have for the modified redboot source files and the sources files
> added to redboot ?  All the redboot source files are also GPL with
> exception after a quick look.

#include <std/ianal.h>

Redboot is "just" a part of eCos. The same rules apply to redboot as
to the rest of eCos. Modifications to existing files you have to make
available. Any new files which do not contain any IPR from eCos you
can keep closed source if you wish.

        Andrew