Re: EB40A (AT91) serial port oddness

Tom Lynn <tom.lynn@hypertag.com> writes:

> Nick Garnett wrote:
>
> >It is possible that the Python code is emitting the characters more
> >slowly that the AT91's serial hardware. With the PDC it should be
> >sending the characters out at close to line speed.
> >
> Should I be using
> ecos\packages\devs\serial\arm\at91\current\src\at91_serial.c or
> something else, such as
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-04/txt00000.txt ?

Anything of use in that patch has already been rolled into the current
device driver. There was a long discussion on the patches list which
resulted in the current driver.

> I'd just like the security of some macros intended to mean "ecos will
> definitely not be doing anything with this serial port".  For
> instance, I've disabled CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL0 and it
> doesn't seem to have made any difference.

If you have RedBoot installed, then it will still use the port, the
eCos configuration will have no effect on it. But once eCos is
running, it won't do anything to the port if it is disabled.