HTTP web server application

hello
I'm build eCos 2.0 and RedBoot for the i386
PC_RLTK8139 platform with networking support (using
network card with the Real Tek 8139 ethrnet
controller). Also I'm downloading and examples
programs to RedBoot via serial and Network and
debugging them successfully.
Now, I'm trying to build and run the HTTPD web server
application (by Gary Thomas). I follow the steps in
the MLB Associates paper:HTTP Server application as
following:
1- Building the eCos kernel
   mkdir /work/httpd_test_ecos_kernel
   cd /work/httpd_test_ecos_kernel
   ecosconfig new pc_rltk8139 net
   ecosconfig tree
   make

   { the build done correctly}
2- Creating the application
   cd /work/httpd_test
   tar -zxvf libhttpd-1.3.tar.gz
   tar -zxvf httpd_application.tar.gz
   patch -p0 <lihhttpd.patch

the libhttpd-1.3 and httpd_application directories are
created.

3- I'm enter to the libhttpd-1.3 directory and try to
build the software by doing:

  ./configure
  make all
  make install

4- as in README file { the s/w will be compiled and
installed into /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include}

5-I'm not understanding how to include the library's
header file into my application and link against the
library itself!!!!!!!!!??????????

When i'm trying to finish the building it is not
complete correctly and the make is abborted.

could you tell me where is the problem and where is my
fault.

                       thanks
                       Muna M. Hummady