Re: HTTP web server application

--- Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 12:37, Muna Hummady wrote:
> > hello
> > I'm build eCos 2.0 and RedBoot for the i386
> > PC_RLTK8139 platform with networking support
> (using
> > network card with the Real Tek 8139 ethrnet
> > controller). Also I'm downloading and examples
> > programs to RedBoot via serial and Network and
> > debugging them successfully.
> > Now, I'm trying to build and run the HTTPD web
> server
> > application (by Gary Thomas). I follow the steps
> in
> > the MLB Associates paper:HTTP Server application
> as
> > following:
> > 1- Building the eCos kernel
> >    mkdir /work/httpd_test_ecos_kernel
> >    cd /work/httpd_test_ecos_kernel
> >    ecosconfig new pc_rltk8139 net
> >    ecosconfig tree
> >    make
> >
> >    { the build done correctly}
> > 2- Creating the application
> >    cd /work/httpd_test
> >    tar -zxvf libhttpd-1.3.tar.gz
> >    tar -zxvf httpd_application.tar.gz
> >    patch -p0 <lihhttpd.patch
> >
> > the libhttpd-1.3 and httpd_application directories
> are
> > created.
> >
> > 3- I'm enter to the libhttpd-1.3 directory and try
> > build the software by doing:
> >
> >   ./configure
> >   make all
> >   make install
> >
> > 4- as in README file { the s/w will be compiled
> and
> > installed into /usr/local/lib and
> /usr/local/include}
> >
> > 5-I'm not understanding how to include the
> library's
> > header file into my application and link against
> the
> > library itself!!!!!!!!!??????????
> >
> > When i'm trying to finish the building it is not
> > complete correctly and the make is abborted.
> >
> > could you tell me where is the problem and where
> is my
> > fault.
>
> Try following the directions *exactly* - it will
> work.
> If you still have problems or don't understand, then
> ask.
>
> --
> Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
> MLB Associates

hello
I'm trying following the directions exactly, but i
have a problem that i download the build_Make.params
file but I dont Know where to put it in the
/work/http_test directory ( i dont understand where in
the ecos repository) to continue building.

% cd httpd_application
% sh ../build_Make.params /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
% make

I'm trying many cases but all failed. could you please
help me.
                                  Thanks
                                   Muna