Re: [Proposal & Patch] enhancing redboot/fis for failsafeflash updates

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 08:29, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we need to be able to perform safe updates of the firmware, safe regarding power loss at any point in time. Since redboot comes with FIS, we'd like to use fis.
> In order to update the firmware a new firmware image has to be placed on the flash and the fis directory has to be updated. When updating the fis directory, the directory is erased and afterwards written with the new contents.
> Now if the power goes down directly after erasing the directory redboot can't start the firmware image anymore since it can't read the directory.

I plan on looking at this next week (today I'm moving house).  However,
before we can consider such massive changes, we'll need copyright
assignment for this work.  Have you applied for this already?  If not,
please visit our website for the details.

Thanks

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates