Re: eCos scheduler & dev boards questions

Hi,
I don't really know what you want to do, but I think it does
not depend on the hardware if you want to investigate the
behavior of the scheduler under various loading conditions.

A good way to find out what would be the best hardware for you
could be to look at http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html
and
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/real-time-characterization.html.

One example would be the ARM Industrial Module AIM 711, it is
a small module based on a Samsung ARM7 processor with
Ethernet and serial interface.
http://www.visionsystems.de/arm7.html

Best regards,
Roland Caßebohm

Am Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2004 02:11 schrieb JohnO:
> Hi
>
> I would like to do some scheduler design work for an MSc
> project using eCos.
>
> There are many boards that eCos will run on, what would be
> a good would be a good choice for running up a scheduler
> under various loading conditions like for instance adding
> transient loads.
>
> Has any similar work been done, had a quick search of these
> forums and  could not find anything.
>
> Many Thanks
> John

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
http://www.visionsystems.de