.mlt and .ldi files

Well, no one bit on the last question, so here's another, not related
specifically to the ARM EB40A.

I've got an .ldi file that has incorrect memory addresses in it, yet it says
that it's a generated file and not to edit. Next to it, I've got an .mlt
file with the same wrong info in it. Is the .ldi generated from the .mlt? Is
it okay to hand-edit the .mlt if it's wrong? If so, what process generates
the .ldi file? I'm using the eCos config tool, as usual. Do I have to do
anything extra in order to regenerate the .ldi?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco