Re: synthetic target: kapi.h not found

    Stephan> I've decided to play a little with the synthetic target.
    Stephan> I've been able to compile and run "hello.c" from the
    Stephan> "examples" directory, but when I try to compile
    Stephan> "twothreads.c", I get "cyg/kapi.h" not found. When I look
    Stephan> in "../include/sys", kapi.h is indeed missing. Does
    Stephan> anyone know how to compile and run the twothreads example
    Stephan> on the synthetic target?

Not surprising since the header file should be <cyg/kernel/kapi.h>,
not <cyg/kapi.h> or <sys/kapi.h>. Both the user guide and the example
use the correct path so I am not sure where you got <cyg/kapi.h> from.

The synthetic target is limited in terms of I/O facilities, and timing
behaviour is more variable than on dedicated hardware, but from a
programming perspective you should not have to treat it any different
from a real embedded target.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect