Re: IP configuration

3.0 Now I wanted to run the client application on the board and server on
my linux host. But the "connect" system fails when connecting to linux
machine saying "No route to host".

No route to host either means there is not route to the host!, or the host is not replying to ARP requests. Run tcpdump/etherreal etc and see if there are any packets coming out of the device. Check your default route makes sense.

had a similar problem (not in workplace) last month when trying to mount an NFS exported directory from one linux machine (say exporter) on another linux machine (say mounter). mounting used to fail with same message "No route to host" . We checked the routing table - it was fine. mounter could mount exported directories from other machines though.
I don't remember it now, perhaps ping or some other utility we tried then used to give 'unreachability' messages for exporter.
finally we tried tcpdump on mounter and found that some transactions were happening b/w exporter and mounter. they couldn't have happened if there was problem with routing/dns etc.
on further investigation we found the source of problem - the mounter had a linux distro (from one of the computer magazine CDs) installed and had some default application running with default settings. if i remember it correctly, it was iptables. we updated the default configuration to one for the setup and things worked fine.

above experience might help you. examine the settings at your linux end (server). tcpdumping at linux end will help you

--
regards
sandeep