Re: IPsec and openSSL packages

Thx Andrew,

But, what happens if I use OpenSSL and not IPsec?
I mean, what am I missing in term of security?

regards,
Arm

Andrew Lunn wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 03:00:48PM +0100, Armando VISCONTI wrote:

Hello everybody,

I saw some email exchange one year ago regarding IPsec
protocol and I wonder if it finally came up to something
included in the distribution. Is it available right now?

IPsec never got finished. I started the work and Gary Thomas did some more work i think, but its never made it into CVS.

Also I would like to know if the IPsec protocol and SSL
are part of the same feature or if IPsec is enough ...

OpenSSL is available. My port can be found at

ftp://ftp.ecoscentric.com/pub/contrib/

and Gary Thomas has a port on his website somewhere.

Andrew

--
Armando Visconti Mobile: (+39) 340 9239426
Senior SW Engineer Fax: (+39) 02 93519702